If you’re unsure whether your business really needs a website or not, then let me share with you some very good reasons why, in 2022, you should.
Operating your business from a social media page alone isn’t good future-proofing for your business. 2021 saw the meltdown of Facebook and millions of business pages and personal accounts simply vanished due to technical issues - one minute your business is there and the next, it’s gone! You have to rely purely on the powers that be to fix it…and fix it fast; you have zero control.
Most successful businesses will have a combination of social media presence, hard copy marketing materials such as leaflets or brochures and, of course, a website. There are over 7 million organisations in the UK with a website, so it must be a marketing tool that is working!
The pandemic hit businesses hard and there was a surge in companies moving online to stay visible, adapt their service offerings and keep generating an income. With social distancing in place, this was the only way that so many businesses of all shapes and sizes could survive.
If you want to future-proof and pandemic-proof your business, then you should strongly consider getting yourself a website. Here at Electric Footprint, I don’t just do social media consultancy – I am also a Wix web developer and accredited Wix Partner, supporting businesses like yours. I design and host impactful and affordable websites that will offer you continuous online presence.
Still unsure? Here are my top 5 reasons why a website is crucial for your business:
1. Your clients expect it. The first place any of us go to check out a business or product is online – if you’re not there, then you could be missing sales. Unlike working 9-5, your website will be the information portal you need 24/7/365.
2. You appear professional and this evokes brand trust. By ensuring your website is up-to-date, looking professional and can be found in search engines, customers know you mean business.
3. Establish your business credibility. By investing in a professional website you instantly become more credible. More than 50% of smartphone users find a new business or product while searching online and 81% of shoppers carry out their own research before making a purchase. Not having a website can damage your credibility.
4. Get competitive. Ranking well on the search results page is a great way to challenge your competitors. If you’re not visible, you are personally handing your customers a reason to buy from your competition.
5. Give 24/7 customer service support. This is easily achievable by including an FAQ (frequently asked questions) page in your menu bar. This will give ‘out of hours’ potential customers the opportunity to find out what they need to know, even in the dead of night.
By investing in a professionally designed website paves the way to increased sales, boosted profits and business expansion. It provides millions of opportunities to get in front of the right target audience and will undoubtedly give you a great ROI.
If you’re ready to get online using the Wix platform, then please do book a free discovery call with me, Rachel Wicks – your Web Wix Whizz
Ways you can get in touch...
Drop me a DM on Electric Footprint
Call 07958 231817 for a no obligation chat
Book a Discovery Call
I'm here to help! 💙